Farmers Insurance is one of the largest insurance companies in the country, serving over 10 million households, including many in the Los Angeles area where they are headquartered. Many consumers feel comfortable with using such a big-name carrier for their insurance claims, and yet most have little to no contact with an agent until an urgent need—such as a car accident—arises. It can feel overwhelming and frustrating to be denied Farmers auto insurance claims, or to feel as though you aren’t receiving the coverage you feel you deserve. The skilled attorneys at MAJK Law can help.
Your Farmers Insurance agent may be in touch soon after an accident at a time when you are still recovering, and it can be tempting to talk with them and cooperate with their requests. But as friendly and helpful as they might sound, remember that their interests are directly opposite from your own. Their goal is to protect the interests of their employer by paying out as little as possible on every claim.
If you are dealing with a Farmers Insurance dispute, having a knowledgeable insurance dispute attorney to advocate for your rights can greatly impact the compensation you receive. The skilled legal team at MAJK Law has decades of experience at representing our clients in disputes with Farmers Insurance. We’ll fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Farmers Insurance Claim Process
Typically, the insurance claim process is set into motion very quickly in the aftermath of an accident. You will be assigned a Farmers representative for your claim. They may ask for additional information, including a recorded statement. They may also ask you to sign a release form permitting them to review your medical history. Insurance adjusters may do these things as a means of gathering ammunition against the victim in the case of a resulting injury claim. If you are contacted by a Farmers Insurance agent after an auto accident, do not provide additional information until you’ve spoken with an insurance dispute attorney.
Farmers Insurance will evaluate the details of your accident and determine whether your loss is covered and to what extent. In some cases, there may be a legitimate difference of opinion about the facts of the accident or resultant damage. Our experienced team of insurance dispute attorneys can represent you during mediation hearings to resolve the dispute.
In other cases, Farmers Insurance may engage in a number of tactics common to the insurance industry that seek to deny claims, or to reduce the amount of the payment you receive. These tactics may be more commonly used against victims who are without legal representation. A knowledgeable Farmers insurance dispute attorney can help protect you from these attempts to avoid a fair payment for your injuries.
Common Disputes Between a Claimant and Farmers Insurance
Common tactics used by Farmers Insurance and across the insurance industry to devalue or deny claims include:
- Attempts to Reduce the Value of Medical Services for Bodily Injuries California law requires that insurance cover all necessary and reasonable medical expenses from injuries sustained in a car accident. It is not up to Farmers Insurance to decide what medical care you are entitled to—do not let them dictate the terms of your recovery.
- Attempts to Deny or Reduce Pain and Suffering Claims. The amount you may be due for pain and suffering can be difficult to calculate and yet make up a significant portion of your overall compensation.
- Attempts to Shift Blame or Fault for the Accident. California is a comparative fault state, which means that multiple parties can be at fault for an accident—and that you may be able to recover damages even if you are partially to blame for the accident. Farmers Insurance may try to use comparative fault to reduce the amount they have to pay, by increasing your percentage of fault.
- Attempts to Reduce Claim because of Pre-Existing Conditions or Prior Medical Problems. Farmers Insurance may try to attach some of your current injuries to pre-existing medical conditions, but California law prevents them from escaping liability solely on this basis.
- Attempts to Reduce Repair Costs. Farmers Insurance is entitled to conduct a reasonable inspection of your vehicle’s damage—however, you are also entitled to an inspection, and estimate of the repair costs, at the auto repair shop of your choice.
- Attempts to Reduce the Fair Market Value of Your Vehicle. Farmers Insurance is required by law to either pay for the repairs to your vehicle or to replace it by providing the fair market value—whichever is less. We can help ensure that Farmers Insurance does not lowball the appropriate fair market value of your vehicle.
- Attempts to Delay. If you’re recovering from an accident, you may be facing mounting medical and vehicle repair bills at a time when you’re unable to work. You may be tempted to take whatever payment Farmers Insurance offers, especially as time drags on and your expenses continue to climb. Insurance companies use this to their advantage.
- Discouraging You from Hiring an Attorney. Farmers Insurance may tell you that you do not need legal representation. The truth is that having an attorney experienced in insurance disputes by your side greatly reduces their ability to deny you the compensation to which you are entitled. Insurance companies have lawyers working hard to protect their interests—and so should you.
Farmers Lawsuit Settlements
After an accident, many people believe that they will receive the settlement they deserve from Farmers Insurance just by making a claim. However, Farmers Insurance agents are not interested in helping you—they are working to protect their employer by paying as little as possible on your claim.
An experienced Farmers insurance dispute lawyer understands the tactics Farmers Insurance may use and will be prepared to investigate and demonstrate the true value of your claim to Farmers —or in court. Our attorneys have decades of experience in Farmers Auto Insurance claims disputes and are ready to fight for your interests by lawsuit if necessary. This can often be the difference between compensation that covers your injuries and the full impact to your overall well-being—and a settlement that doesn’t even begin to pay your bills.
The MAJK Law Difference
At MAJK Law, our injury attorneys have extensive experience representing car accident victims in Los Angeles County. If you have been injured in an auto accident, we can help you through all stages of the legal and insurance processes that ensue, including:
- Investigating the incident and determining fault;
- Collecting and analyzing the police report;
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance companies and other involved parties;
- Calculating damages;
- Drafting an insurance demand letter;
- Representing your interests in court; and
- Pursuing the maximum compensation to which you are entitled.
Contact a Los Angeles Farmers Insurance Dispute Lawyer Today
If you are involved in a Farmers Insurance dispute in Los Angeles County, the skilled attorneys at MAJK Law want to fight for you. Let us navigate the insurance dispute process to get you the compensation you deserve while you focus on your recovery. Contact us today to book a free and confidential consultation about your case.